[UPDATE 11/21/2013: See this post for an updated feature list and our plan for a slower transition to the new site. ]
Dear faithful EEBA supporters,
We’ve gotten an earful from you over the past four days since we launched Goodbudget. And we’ve learned a lot. Several of you have expressed that you feel like you lost a friend in EEBA and you’re in mourning. You loved her.
We realize that we messed up in not providing enough warning and help in transitioning to the new version of the website. Even though we listened carefully to feedback from a large group of beta users, based on your feedback now, it’s clear that we misjudged how critical certain features are to you. Point humbly taken.
While some of the decisions we made in building this version were inherently either/or decisions, others were a matter of prioritizing limited resources. We’re working as fast as we can to build the features you’ve told us that you absolutely need. Over the next couple months, you can expect to see these features come to the new version:
- Click to clear transactions in the transactions window
- In Add Transaction > Income, add “Take me to Fill Envelopes” option [UPDATE 11/21/2013: Based on budgeter feedback, we’ve decided to build a one-step income-to-envelopes option instead.]
- In Add Transaction, show Envelope balances in drop-downs
- Budget Allocation Report
- Spending by Payee Report
- Envelope Balances Report
- Spending by Envelope Report Enhancements
- Record Now for scheduled transactions
- Export transaction history (CSV)
- Make reconcile checkboxes easier to check off
- Show “last reconciled” date
The old EEBA site will continue to remain available until we have brought all the features listed above to Goodbudget.
If there’s a feature that you need in EEBA that hasn’t made it to the new version yet, you can use the old site by clicking the small link to log in to classic EEBA here.
Again, thanks for your support and patience as we make the transition. We’re grateful that you have stuck with us in this transition, and we are committed to you, our budgeters.
— Chi-En and the team