We understand that your privacy is an important concern, especially for a personal finance site like Goodbudget. Dayspring Technologies, Inc. (“Dayspring”), the creator of Goodbudget, is committed to protecting the privacy of all of our users. This Privacy and Security Policy explains how Goodbudget protects the information provided to us through the website www.goodbudget.com and through our mobile apps.
1. Your Personal Information is never sold or rented, to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
Personal information refers to information that can identify you, such as your name, e-mail address, location, online identifiers. It can also include any data you provide while using Goodbudget, like your spending history. This information will only be used:
- To fulfill your requests for service, such as providing access to your Envelopes, Accounts, and Transaction History through the website www.goodbudget.com and through Goodbudget’s mobile apps;
- To improve your experience, such as suggesting previously used payee names based on your location;
- To communicate with you regarding the Goodbudget service;
- To be used in the aggregate in a non-personally identifiable way to improve Goodbudget;
- As otherwise set forth in this Privacy and Security Policy.
2. We keep your information safe.
All of the information submitted to Goodbudget is secured using bank-grade 256-bit SSL in a secure datacenter.
3. We don’t share your information to third parties.
Dayspring does NOT sell or rent your contact information or other personally identifiable information to third parties. Dayspring may only share Personal Information with third-party contractors when:
- You provide your consent.
- We need to share your information to provide a product or service you have requested.
- We need to share your information to companies who work on Dayspring’s behalf, who are bound by the same privacy restrictions as described in this Privacy and Security Policy. These companies include Amazon Web Services (data storage), Sendy (email), Zendesk (customer support), Google Voice (voicemail), Discourse (forums), Stripe and PayPal (payment processing).
- To comply with law enforcement.
4. You can always access or remove your information, and opt out of hearing from us.
You may opt out of receiving marketing e-mail communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of our e-mails or sending us mail or e-mail at the address below.
5. But, we can’t control what you do on public websites!
Remember that anything you write in the blog can be viewed and used by anyone on the internet. Dayspring is not responsible for the privacy or security of any information disclosed on these public forums.
6. Your Non-Personal Information may be used to improve our service.
Like many other websites and mobile apps, goodbudget.com and the Goodbudget apps may collect technical information, such as what browser you’re using or how much time you spend on a certain page or screen, to help us understand how you use Goodbudget. Similarly, our site also employs an internet technology called “cookies.” Cookies are small files which save information about your visit to our site. None of this information is used to identify you personally, but is used in the aggregate to help us improve the site’s performance, design, and stability.
7. Your data is stored in the United States.
If you are a resident of any country outside the United States, you understand and agree that we store and process your personal information on computers located in the United States, and that by providing any information to us, you consent to the transfer of such information to the United States.
8. Have questions? Contact us.
We may decide to change this Privacy and Security Policy, but if we do we’ll post the changes here. If you have any questions about this Privacy and Security Policy you can contact us at:
Dayspring Technologies, Inc. SPC
1224 Fairfax Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94124
tel: +1 (415) 484-3594
Last Revised: June 25, 2020.