Goodbudget is excited to add a new member to our team in San Francisco! You are whip smart, equal parts fuzzy and techie, and you know that great software starts with paying deep, sustained attention to the people who use it. You’re adept at organizing and motivating cross-functional teams, and you’re meticulous about putting out high quality work every time. You enjoy breaking things so we can fix them as a team. You’ve got a bent toward social justice. You believe that good business pays attention to the needs of everyday people in the middle and working classes. You’re excited about joining a small digital product business with an established user base and tuning it to be the best version of itself.
What you’re capable of
- Organize people, time, information, and resources so our team can work effectively to design and develop each new software release
- Keep projects moving forward on time and within budget by keeping detailed track of what still needs to be done and how long it will take
- Check in with developers and designers and help them prioritize their work
- Facilitate communication across the team and delegate questions to team members
- Care for our customers by responding to queries empathetically via email and phone
- Research customer issues to provide bug reports to developers and workarounds to customers
What you’re ready to learn
- Rigorously test software releases to create great user experiences on iOS, Android and Web. Support developers with thorough testing and detailed feedback on bugs, usability, flow, and language
- Develop and maintain self-help support resources for users (help articles, tutorials, and screencasts)
- Advocate for customers in decision making across the business, including feature requests
- Budget for your own household with Goodbudget’s approach
What you can expect
- Mentorship by experienced project managers
- A community of fellow teammates who put customers first
- An opportunity to grow into business analysis and product management as Goodbudget grows
- Goofy teammates who appreciate fancy ice cream and work a smart 40 hour week
- A role in a profitable, bootstrapped app business -- we haven’t taken any outside funding since we started in 2009 and we’re in it for the long haul
Why you’ll love Goodbudget
- We believe in a world where people are in right relationship with each other and money, and we work toward making that a reality every day.
- We geek out over all the numbers in budgets. More than that, we believe budgets reveal what -- and whom -- we value. And the way we budget can help us focus on what’s truly important in life.
- We believe that real money talk is based in relationships and is driven by deep values like justice and mercy, not dollars and cents.
- We actually try to live out these hopes and ideas in our own personal and family budgeting. And when we mess up, we make changes and keep going.
Why Dayspring is unlike any other place you’ve worked
- We desire to live out an ethic of love--for our co-workers, for our customers, and for our community--in the practice of business.
- We sincerely desire to do right by the customers we serve. We keep our promises, we speak with respect, and we apologize when we ought to. And we expect to hold one another and to be held accountable to this.
- We watch out for one another, and we’ll look out for you too. People aren’t constantly positioning themselves. No office politics here. And when your loved ones are sick, we’ll treat you like a person first and a worker second.
- We share an office in San Francisco because we believe being together in person matters, and that practicing common life shapes us for the good. And we’re called and committed to our broader community in our Bayview neighborhood.
You should apply if you're...
- Empathetic, with a "customer first" attitude
- A clear, concise writer
- An exceptional oral communicator in cross-functional settings
- Organized and relentlessly detail-oriented
- Comfortable with numbers
- A thorough, systematic, and creative customer-minded tester who enjoys breaking things
- Passionate about personal and family budgets and experienced with personal finance applications (e.g. Mint.com, Quicken)
- At your best in a team-oriented environment
- Always up for a challenge and learning something new
- Using Goodbudget (now or soon!) for your personal budget
Working at Dayspring Goodbudget
Founded in 1997 by a few Christian church members, Dayspring Technologies is a digital consultancy providing people-focused custom web and mobile development and Salesforce consulting. Goodbudget is our home budget app for Android, iPhone, and Web; we’ve served millions of households since 2009. Learn more about Dayspring's vision.Apply Now
Dayspring Anti-Discrimination Policy: Dayspring Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status prohibited by law.