EEBA is now Goodbudget! Goodbudget has all the great features of EEBA (and more!) in a new and updated interface. Check out the Goodbudget Help Center for the most recent help content.
Below is a list of blog posts that contain answers to some frequently asked questions:
- General – Getting EEBA on your phone, syncing with your spouse and more.
- Accounts – Common questions about the Accounts feature
- New Quick Reference: Transaction Types – Table of all of the transaction types in EEBA and how they affect Envelopes (and Accounts for Plus/Premium users).
- Getting Started with Accounts (Step-by-Step)
- Account Balances and Envelope Balances – Questions around getting these 2 to sync up including our recommended steps
- How to Fund Envelopes when Using Accounts
- How to Account for Credit Card Purchases
- My Envelopes are showing negative! Why?
- Why does the “Great, you’re ahead by…” not match my envelope amount when I haven’t spent anything yet?
Especially if you’re wondering whether a particular feature exists or is planned for EEBA, you may also try EEBA’s GetSatisfaction community. We’d love to hear your suggestions for features there!
Recent changes can be found here
2 thoughts on “Frequently Asked Questions”
I have the free app. Aren’t the envelopes supposed to refresh with new funds every week? Or is this just intended to he a one-week trial? Beth
Envelopes don’t automatically refresh with new funds currently although we are working on functionality that would allow you to set up a recurring income.
You should use Add Money in the Android app or on the Web to refresh your envelopes. While you’re doing that, you can also set up a Remembered Refill (a set of rules telling EEBA what to do with each envelope on a refill) so that you can apply the same rules without having to set them up each time.
And, no the free app is not a trial. It’s a Free Forever version. Paid versions have more features (more envelopes, ability to track Accounts), but the Free version is yours to use as long as you like.
Comments are closed.