This is the second edition of our occasional What We’re Perusing newsletter. These are some of the pieces that have made us think lately, and we hope they can provoke some interesting thoughts and conversations for you as well. Perhaps one of them might even make you laugh.
- ARTICLE: Why the stock market is at an all-time high even in a recession | USA TODAY
- A look at how the stock market is not the same as the economy, which can point to whose finances are most likely to be hurt or helped right now.
- VIDEO: Debt Buyers | Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (21 min)
- See a late night comedian explain how companies buy and sell debt, how debt collectors can go overboard, and how people can help forgive debt.
- ARTICLE: The Black middle class is a mirage | Vox
- Black Americans share their reflections on how their middle-class salaries haven’t led to the financial stability of a middle-class life.
Be well, and budget well,
The Goodbudget Team