This is the third edition of our occasional What We’re Perusing newsletter. This time, we’ll take a look at inequality in wealth and jobs. And for a bit of fun, we’ll hear about the economy of a place very few of us have ever been.
- VIDEO: Why the Rich Get Richer – Wealth Inequality Explained | WSJ (3 min)
- See how the rich get richer and why the gap between the rich and everyone else is widening. Plus, a quick overview of the solutions people across the political spectrum tend to propose.
- ARTICLE: America’s unequal jobs recovery in 7 charts | Vox
- Read about how the pandemic has made employment disparities in America more evident than ever.
- PODCAST: Economics in space: trading and the new value of Earth | The Indicator from NPR’s Planet Money (9 min)
- Wherever there are people, there’s an economy. Even without cash on board the international space station, hear how astronauts barter with each other and discover what’s most valuable to them.
Be well, and budget well,
The Goodbudget Team
P.S. For this series, you can learn more about it, and read all the posts.