This is the latest edition of our occasional What We’re Perusing newsletter. This time, we’ll be looking at why childcare is difficult for parents and providers alike, why it may seem like a raise doesn’t go very far, and how affordable housing might look different than what we expected.
- ARTICLE: How Child Care Became the Most Broken Business in America | Bloomberg
- Read about how child care costs can be high for families, while providers are simultaneously barely getting by.
- PODCAST: The Money Illusion: Have Americans really gotten a raise? | The Indicator from Planet Money | NPR
- Listen to insights on why it seems that workers are earning more yet seeing less.
- ARTICLE: A Factory-Built Home as a Means to Affordable Housing | The Washington Post
- See how one couple found an affordable home and neighbors they love in an unexpected place.
Be well, and budget well,
The Goodbudget Team